General advice

You can contact your nearest Citizens Advice to see if they can advise on your problem.

Citizens Advice might be able to help you with these sorts of problems:

  • benefits
  • community care
  • debt
  • disability rights
  • discrimination
  • employment rights
  • family law
  • housing and homelessness
  • immigration and asylum
  • mental health

Advice Local is a London based service that provides a borough-by-borough guide to welfare benefits, employment, debt, housing, immigration & asylum, disability & social care and children & families issues.


Law Centre advisers can give you legal advice to help you solve your problems and get on with life. All Law Centres offer face-to-face legal advice to local residents, and some run a telephone advice line.

All Law Centres specialise in social welfare law, covering some or all of the following areas:

  • Welfare rights
  • Disability rights
  • Immigration and asylum
  • Housing and homelessness
  • Employment rights
  • Community care
  • Discrimination
  • Debt

To find your local Law Centre, take a look at LCN’s interactive Google map or see the Law Centres list.

LawWorks is a charity which connects lawyers with people who cannot get legal aid.

You can search for a local LawWorks Clinic here